TwentyFourSeven

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TwentyFourSeven
TwentyFourSeven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Accepted] Kokki - Mage

2 posters

Go down

[Accepted] Kokki - Mage Empty [Accepted] Kokki - Mage

Post  Kokki Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:29 pm

Name: Pete
Class: Mage
Level: 80
Spec: Fire
Gear:

Lil stuff about myself:

Hello there, my name is Pete and I live in Finland. I am 20 years old and I'm studying paramedics at the moment, in Finland bein a student means lots o' free time and possibility to extend it for various reasons. I originally started playin wow in january '09 on my mage when my friends practically forced me into it. Yes it's quite the short time when you compare to most decent players, but fear not, I am quite the dedicated raider I might say. I have 56 days played (80) on my mage and been active at raiding most of that time. I'm not the person you'll hear talkin all the time on ventrilo but speakin is not a problem for me when it is needed.

Are you willing to change spec if needed? If you have a dual PvE spec what is your gear like for it?

If it's needed for something specific then yes that wouldn't cause any problems. I have gear more suited for arcane spec for haste stacking as well.

Former experience:

Not very much to say here, since when I started playin people were already farming naxx with pugs.

WotLK:
Naxx: Cleared 10/25
Maly: Cleared 10
Ulduar: Cleared 10man up to mim hardmode, the rest is yet to be done.
Onyxia: Cleared 10/25
ToC: Cleared 10/25
ToGC: Cleared 10 and 3 bosses in 25.
RS: Haven't downed yet.

ICC10: 12/12 normal, 11/12 hc Glory mount achieved.
ICC25: 12/12 normal, 8/12 hc (only done lk 25man on my dk, doh)

Do you know anyone in TwentyfourSeven? (In game or IRL)

Well I know Caryssia and Karegosa, havin been in the same guild for a while. I suppose I'm in good terms with them.

What is your motivation to join TwentyfourSeven and what are your ambitions once a member?

While Up and Away was progressing through ICC I was freezin myself in the woods in army service, so I wasnt able to enjoy proper Icecrown raiding quite enough. And after I got out it was summer already and the people had gone somewhere, so I figured I should join another guild for that purpose, then I heard some good things about you from Caryssia and decided to apply. I'd like to become one of the members you people can trust for turning up for raids and doing a good job, and maybe a bit more.

What Guilds have you previously been in? / How long where you in said guilds? / What was your reason for leaving each Guild?

When I started wow I joined a social guild Legend of horskacraft. It was a finnish guild with some friends of the friends who made me start playin. I myself didn't really have any attachments to the guild so when I hooked up with Monk for our Totgc pugs he got the Idea of startin up a new guild, and I was with him. That's how I got into Up and Away. I think that was around October 09.

TwentyfourSeven has scheduled raids 2 times a week. If there are certain nights where you will consistently not be able to raid then please could you elaborate.

I see no problem with your raiding times.

Do you, or are you willing to farm consumables, resistance items and so on?

If it's required then of course.

Please tell us your DPS/TPS rotation.

Well, I think this is the most usual rotation for fire mages. If there's no warlock to keep imp shadow bolt up then startin off with scorch, applyin livin bomb and firin off fireballs + pyroblasts when hot streak procs, keepin livin bomb up and imp scorch if there's no one else to keep up the +5% crit debuff.

Finally, as I was in the army for most of the time people progressed in ICC, I got a bit left behind gearwise and didn't get to attend most of the kills Up and Away managed, but every time I was available for helpin them out I gladly joined in. So I have plenty of experience from pretty much all the bosses excluding Lich King heroic. But I usually don't take too many tries to fully grasp the fight, and am quick to adapt different situations.

Thanks in advance

- Pete -

Kokki

Back to top Go down

[Accepted] Kokki - Mage Empty Re: [Accepted] Kokki - Mage

Post  isvarm Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:43 pm

Hmz, wtb armory link, UI print:)
Also, isn't it better getting some other non tier part? 5 set bonus is abit overkill?:
isvarm
isvarm

Back to top Go down

Post  Kokki Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:09 pm

About the armory link, I tried to put it up there but can't get it to appear for some odd reason, not even with the button.
About my UI there's not very much to say, cuz it's pretty much a default one[Accepted] Kokki - Mage Wowscrnshot100710195250
The addons im using:
Quartz
DBM
Omen
Grid

Also forgot to mention my professions, even tho they can be found on the armory once I happen to get it to work properly. I've got tailoring for the cloak proc and engineerin mostly for the glove haste bonus. Not forgettin nitro boosts either.

And yes, I know 5 parts o tier looks like a bit of an overkill and I've tried to find a replacement for one part but just havent found a fitting piece yet.

urgh, I'm really out of clues with that armory link now.

Kokki

Back to top Go down

Post  isvarm Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:43 pm

Ain't the cloth boe legs better than t10 legs? The woven death
isvarm
isvarm

Back to top Go down

Post  Kokki Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:15 pm

To be honest I've considered about that, but doing that I would be using the 251 offhander from lady, and I also would have to change a few gems for the hit I would be lackin after the change. Gemmin wouldn't obviously be a problem but as of now I've been trying to max out the crit I can get from my gear, haste bein the secondary stat. Changin to leggings of wowen death would cost me approximately 1,3% crit, so I don't see it as such a strong option.

Kokki

Back to top Go down

Post  Enmatic Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:09 pm

isvarm wrote:Ain't the cloth boe legs better than t10 legs? The woven death
They are not, im also using 5/5 on my mage, the few upgrades could be the plaguebringer pants or 277 tier

Enmatic

Back to top Go down

Post  isvarm Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:45 am

Accepted for a trial /w any officer ingame;)
isvarm
isvarm

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down