TwentyFourSeven

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TwentyFourSeven
TwentyFourSeven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ACCEPTED] Trollbunden - Mage

3 posters

Go down

[ACCEPTED] Trollbunden - Mage Empty [ACCEPTED] Trollbunden - Mage

Post  Troll Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:39 pm

Personal Information

Name: Jacob Gillén

About me
I graduated from high school this year, i went the electrical education for three years.
I'm currently "unemployed" or well i'm working in a food store when ever they need me.
It's gives me loads of spare time.During the days i work on my driver's license.
I'm a active icehockey player so i got traning two times a week, but will not be a problem. I'm also a referee in icehockey.
Right now i live with my family (Brother, Mother and Farther) in a house, and i'm planning to do so for a while.

Online time
As i'm unemployed i dont really have anything to do more then be online, or well that aint true.
I got two days of practice. Tuesday - 21:00-22:30 and Friday 20:00-21:30.
Other then that i can be online from 16:00 to 02:00, or i have to eat and stuff ofc.

Character Infomation

Name: Trollbunden
Class: Mage
Spec: Arcane - Fire
Time played: 20 days @ lvl 80.
Armory Link: Click it to win it
Professions: JC/Mining 450 - Mining will be replaced with Enchanting soon.
About my speccs: I'm currently working on to become a great fire mage. As it's now i'm just focusing on my timers and not much on what is happening around me. It's works on normals etc, but it wont cut it in HCz.
I also belive that i'm lacking some crit and sp to do more dmg/dps then what i'm doing atm as Arcane.
My Arcane specc will be remade aswell if i have to use it in 25man HCz soon, will replace my two points in "Incanter's Absorption" and use them in "Arcane Stability" It will reduces the pushback suffered from damaging attacks.

Gem choise.
Chaotic Skyflare Diamond - 21+ Critical Strike Rating and 3% Increased Critical Damage
Reckless Ametrine - 12+ Spellpower & 10+ Haste
Runed Cardinal Ruby - 23+ Spellpower
Purified Dreadstone - 12+ Spellpower & 10+ Spirit
I'm useing my meta gem cuz that's the best one for mages.
I'm useing two purple gems to get my meta to work, i also get a small amount of crit from the spirit.
I use the orange one to get more out of my gear, socketbonus. I will change the +haste to +crit when i will specc fire. (Depends on my trinkets)
The red one i use to fill out my sockets spots. I rather go all out SP then try to get socketbonuses. I will get more out of me gear that way.

Interface
UI - Press it

Addons
AtlasLoot
Bagnon
Bartender4
BounsScanner 5.3
Buffalo 3
CT_MailMod
ErrorMonster
ForteXorcist II
GearScore
Grid
Omen3
Quartz
Recount
Scorchio2
Squeenix
TipTac
Deadly Boss Mods

Keybindings
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, G, T, B3, R, F, Q, E,
S1, S2, S3, S4, S5, SG, ST, SB3, SR, SF, SQ, SE

Alts
These are my alts that are worth mentioning.

Kirit - Armory link
Played: 38 days in total and 18 days @ lvl 80.
Professions: JC/Inscription ~410
Achivements: Glory of the Ulduar Raider (25 player) - 30/10 2009

Ponnyboy - Armory link
Played: 182 days in total and 21 days @ lvl 80.
Professions: Alch/Herb 450 - Got all (almost) elixirs/flasks from tbc and wotlk.
Achivements: The Immortal - 2/2 2009 Server #1 on Grim Batol and Glory of the Raider (25 player) - 12/3 2009

Gems, enchants and such things might seem a little wierd on some places. Haven't really had time to follow updates on every alt I got, since I mainly focusing on my Mage at the moment.

Raiding

Classic - Druid(Resto)
Zul'gurub: Cleared
Molten Core: Cleared
Onyxia's Lair: Cleared
Blackwing Lair: Cleared
Ahn'qiraj 20: Cleared
Ahn'qiraj 40: Up to Twin Emperors. - Then g-disband
Naxxramas: Trash

The Burning Crusade - Druid(Resto)
Karazhan: Cleared
Zul'aman: Cleared
Gruul's Lair: Cleared
Magtheridon's Lair: Cleared
Serpentshrine Cavern: Cleared
The Eye: Cleared
The Battle of Mount Hyjal: Cleared
Black Temple: Cleared
Sunwell Plateau: 2/6 Downed - Stoped raiding when we killed Brutallus.

The Wrath of the Lich King (10-man) - Shaman/Druid(Resto) and Mage
Obsidian Sanctum: Cleared 3D
Naxxramas: Cleared
Eye of Eternity: Cleared
Ulduar: Never killed Algalon Tried on him many times, but always manage to miss the kills.
Ulduar-Hard Modes: Cleared
Trial of the Crusader: Cleared
Trial of the Grand Crusader: Cleared
Icecrown Citadel: Cleared
Heroic Icecrown Citadel*: 8/12 - Missing Professor, Blood Princes, Sindragosa, The Lich King

*Have tried Professor, Blood Princes. But we always manage to fail.

The Wrath of the Lich King (25-man) - Shaman/Druid(Resto) and Mage
Obsidian Sanctum: Cleared 3D
Naxxramas: Cleared
Eye of Eternity: Cleared
Ulduar: Never killed Algalon - Same as 10man
Ulduar-Hard Modes: Cleared
Trial of the Crusader: Cleared
Trial of the Grand Crusader: Wiped on Anub'arak on 3%.
Icecrown Citadel: Cleared
Heroic Icecrown Citadel*: 3/12 - Marrowgar, Gunship and Rotface.

*I have been close on Blood Queen, Festergut and also Dreamwalker. But dps/healing was failing.

My World of Warcraft History

Elldar (Ponnyboy) have been my main char since the start of World of Warcraft. (Burning Blade - Grim Batol)
In Classic i was in two guild mainly. Alliance Brigade and Faith. Cleared everything up to BWL with AB, had a wipefest for two months on Razorscale. We finally toke him but after that the guild went slacking and tbc was around the corner.
So i desided to leave and join Faith. With Faith i toke everything up to Twins and the tbc came and we g-disbanded.
In The Burning Crusade i joined Chosen in the start, became a Cm there.. We cleared Kara but we wasn't enough ppl to try on Gruul etc. (Cant remember really tbh ^^)
So me and my friends left and joined Forbidden Guardiands until they disbanded cuz officers were going to a chines server.
Joined Soul Sworn Seven and stayed there almost to the end of SSS. I was in SSS for almost a year but when SWP was coming out etc ppl wanted something more so they started leaveing/quiting the game.
After SSS i joined Splinter/Velocity - killed two bosses in SWP and then went cascual.
I was back in Velocity when Wrath of the Lich king came out. Still playing on my druid as main. We cleared naxx/os/eoe etc. Went achivement hunting and we did quite well as you can see.
Ulduar was coming out and Velocity was in need of resto shamans, so i rerolled to my alt shaman. That's were the raiding story of Elldar ends.
I Transfered him to a horde server some while ago cuz i have been playing and raiding there on my mage now for awhile.

I started with Ulduar on Kirit, not much to say. Cleared Ulduar except Algalon.. always missed him even on 10 man.
We went on a achivement/mount hunt as you can see we got. Here is were the memory is starting to fade. I cant really remember when Velocity disbanded and what guild i did the first four bosses with in ICC.
Not along story really but not every char can have one.

Trollbunden is the char i have been playing ICC with. I wanted something new so i went to the dark side.
Me and my friends made a guild called Swiftness. I became co GM/Raidleader. We were first a 10man casual guild but after some time we started to get more the 20 ppl online at the same time etc.
So we became a 25man raiding guild. We cleared ICC25 - we needed to 30% buff to help us tho. We did three bosses heroics and then ppl started slacking etc. So we called it for Swiftness.
Now i'm back on Grim Batol were i will be playing in Cata as a Gnome mage. *cute*

Additional Information

Do i have any other skill?
I have been admin for a phpBB based forum.
Have also been admin in a web based dkp system.
I'm a beginner in useing Photoshop C5

Do i have access to communicate system?
Yes, I do have access to all kind of communicate systems and I have a working microphone.

Why me?
I consider Grim Batol to be my home when it comes to servers on wow, and it's here i'm going to spend the rest of my time as a World of Warcraft player. Now when Cataclysm is around the corner i'm back here and i'm looking for a new home.
I'm here to stay.
I'm a social guy, very friendly and helpful to everyone. I'm very active, due to my easy lifestyle I'm able to raid early in the day till late at night almost every day of the week. I do always come fully prepared to raids with pots, flasks, and well-read on boss tactics. Trying to analyze new boss fights to see if there's something that can be improved and if it's appreciated I'll share my thoughts.
As i have been playing this game almost for five years i know what a guild is expecting from me and how to fit in.

I think thats it ! If you got any questions, just ask. I will anwser as good as i can.
/Peace Trollbunden

Troll

Back to top Go down

[ACCEPTED] Trollbunden - Mage Empty Re: [ACCEPTED] Trollbunden - Mage

Post  Lylez Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:21 pm

First of all, This is a very nice application. Not only are you one of the few applicants who have managed to put in an armory link, but you're also the only one who took the time to play around with bbcode to make it a prettier presentation. You've also covered most of the key elements we look for when reading applications. Now because it is such a well written application, it does pain me to be negative here, but I'm gonna have to pick on a few flaws.
First of all, If you have to tunnelvision to play fire, you've been playing arcane for too long. Also, Iif you're serious about pursuing 25man raiding as a main focus, you'll want to drop roughly 3% hit because you're rarely left without a shadowpriest/moonkin in a 25man raid. Also, for your arcane spec, I'd at least consider student of the mind over arcane stability, although neither is at a clear advantage over the other.
None of these however are big issues, at least not compared to the fact that you're lacking some experience compared to the content we're playing with.

While the application was excellent, and most of these flaws are ignorable, I think we have enough mages atm, or at least enough mages not to accept anything but a perfect applicant. Also, you're lacking a little in the gearing department, as we have at least 3 alts in the guild with better gear than you (mages only).

Anyways, I don't have the final word, and I'll wish you luck simply because I rarely read applications I enjoy.

Peace out, Lylez.

Lylez

Back to top Go down

Post  Troll Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:37 pm

First i have to say Thanks for your kind words!

Over to the issues now.
Yea i got a tunnelvision when i'm playing fire atm, it really suxz. I'm tring my best to look around and i'm geting better at it.
Yea kinda been playing Arcane since i got lvl 80...

About my hit raiting, i know that it's waay over what i need, But as it's now i dont have gear that i can replace my parts with.
Well about my Arcane specc. There are numbers of different speccs that is great. No one is perfect.
"although neither is at a clear advantage over the other." as you said.

Right now i just need to learn how to play fire good, the other things are just gear issues.
But since i'm not just doing this apply for the time beeing, i hope you can look past does things.
I'm looking for a great guild to be in during the Cata adventures

Troll

Back to top Go down

Post  isvarm Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:11 pm

Pure 100% joy reading this apply, the only thing that's dragging you down is your gear really.
Not that i doubt you to be able to push dps with your current gear, but seeing we got 11/12 down, we are kinda aiming for Lichking progress asap. And for that we need people who can push alot more dps than what your gear is able to provide for you.

Nevertheless i'll talk to the others and we'll get back to you!
isvarm
isvarm

Back to top Go down

Post  isvarm Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:13 pm

Hey, after some concideration we have decided to Accept you for a trial. However, keep in mind we allready have 3 mages, so you will have to fight for a spot, and really show us you are something worth keeping. Other than that, welcome /w any officer for an invite
isvarm
isvarm

Back to top Go down

Post  Enmatic Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:26 pm

If i may i'd suggest changing your reckless gems into potent gems since it's likely you'd be playing fire spec and the haste cap is about 780 to fit 2 fireballs in the 2xt10 bonus

Enmatic

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down